Another lunatic in Loxahatchee

Another lunatic in Loxahatchee

Postby 84vettefreak » July 3rd, 2014, 4:17 am

Hello all, I've had my 84 Corvette for 24 years now & can't believe how many times it's been ALL apart. Grew up drag racing Camaros until an old guy (sadly about my age now) showed up at the street races with a ragged out 84 that ran a carbureted full roller SBC & took everyone's money. One ride in that car & it was on! Bought an 84 a few months later, swapped in a Comp cam, Performer RPM, 750 double pumper & never looked back. When I finally blew up my trusty 406 (4th engine since stock), I figured go big or go home. That was in 2005 (when a 496 seemed bigger) and about the same time work had me traveling for months at a time. So it's been awhile. I got close last month but tranny & rear end issues kept me from getting to much done last time I was home. Will definitely need to meet Grumpy next time I'm home & can drive the old girl. I've never been a big fan of car forums until I found Grumpy's site, seems a little more gearhead oriented which I like. I have just a couple of pics since my last time home but will definitely add more when I can.

Regards, Mike.

Black 84.jpg

Latest 496 pic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
84vettefreak

Re: Another lunatic in Loxahatchee

Postby philly » July 3rd, 2014, 7:24 am

welcome to the site and sweet ride!
-phil

There's never enough money to build it right, but there's always enough to build it twice!
philly

Postby Indycars » July 3rd, 2014, 7:36 am

Welcome to the forum Mike!!! Image

Looks like you've grown fond of your 84, looks very clean!

Rick
Too much is just enough!!!

- Check Out My Dart SHP Engine Project: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3814
- Need a Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=4458
Indycars

Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby grumpyvette » July 3rd, 2014, 8:01 am

yeah! welcome to the site! for sure!
and since your local and own a big block engine powered c4 corvette Id sure like to have coffee and talk a bit as thats my favorite muscle car combo.
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby grumpyvette » April 21st, 2015, 6:48 pm

I went by and had a short visit today, (as the cars located rather close locally, and I was invited over), and I was rather impressed with the QUALITY of the big block engine conversion on 84vettefreak's corvette,in fact of all the corvette big block conversions this ones near the best of the bunch in that its rather obvious some thought went into the planing and install rather than the more common approach of "lets stick it in and drive" which I see rather frequently.
as some of you older guys know Ive been involved at various levels in about 8 of these c-4 corvette big block swaps, at various times and this particular engine swap was one of the cleaner almost factory appearing swaps
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby philly » April 21st, 2015, 10:19 pm

thats good that they didnt hack the car up too bad to squeeze her in there
-phil

There's never enough money to build it right, but there's always enough to build it twice!
philly

Return to introduce yourself