down the rabbit hole with Alice

down the rabbit hole with Alice

Postby grumpyvette » January 4th, 2015, 12:09 pm

allen wrote: grumpy I've been reading info on this forum for a few years now.
this forum is by far the most informative , (and at times confusing) Ive found.
If you take the time to read the ENDLESS, links and sub links and endless SUB- SUB- LINKS , you can always find what your looking for, but its very easy to find your off into an area you never intended to visit, or consider, originally.
But I must point out, that the process usually involves several hours ,"down the rabbit hole with Alice"
wandering around and learning things you never even considered or thought of, things are pointed out, in the links, that might be related to your original thought or question, but many times I wonder what I was thinking or can,t remember the original question after several hours reading time!
Ive started reading up on selecting a cam, and in no time I find myself reading about loose valve locks, selecting rockers or valve springs or wondering if the heads I selected are nearly what I should have purchased?
or in some cases I start thinking why am I building a 350 SMALL BLOCK when I obviously should be building a 540 cubic inch big block? , WOW! is like being addicted to drugs, you get a taste and before you realize it you spent 4 hours, on the site reading ,links and sub-links, and you realize you forgot the original question and start wondering why you don,t have a huge list of tools and engine parts you never knew you wanted before!

you might not believe this, but I go back and read thru the existing threads and find the same thing happens,
but in addition I find places where I forgot to point out related things, readers need to know, and it has me starting new threads or adding related existing linked info, or pictures to clarify, previous answers. and that frequently results in some one posting new questions so it in effect snow-balls info even more links and info.

RELATED INFO

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4900
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: down the rabbit hole with Alice

Postby philly » January 4th, 2015, 12:14 pm

cascading information! once it picks up speed and you go over the edge, theres no going back
-phil

There's never enough money to build it right, but there's always enough to build it twice!
philly

Re: down the rabbit hole with Alice

Postby Indycars » January 4th, 2015, 4:58 pm

I swear Allen has been reading my mind ...... I could have written those
comments. They sure sounded like they were coming right out of my mouth
as I read it!!!

Rick
Too much is just enough!!!

- Check Out My Dart SHP Engine Project: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3814
- Need a Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=4458
Indycars

Forum Admin