Kiwi just Sayin' Gudday

Kiwi just Sayin' Gudday

Postby ThumperNZ » July 26th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Saw this forum as a thread lead from another forum I use, and I think it's a good idea, so my background is mostly Chevrolet, been building Chevrolet SBC's for nearly 40 yrs and most of them Race Engines for either Sprint Cars, Dirt Modifieds or Drag Racing. Lately I have had to build sport compact engines such as Subaru E20 and Mitsubishi 4G63T for the youngsters.
Personally, my thing is restoration of classic cars, I have 2 x 57 Chevrolets both hardtops, a 2dr and a 4dr, lots of grins using these. I am currently working on a restoration of the dual quad engine for the 2dr hardtop, so this is what's keeping me out of trouble. I am still working but nearing retirement, so it looks as though it will be the engines and restoration work that I will take on that will be my future.
My Wife's car '57 Chevrolet BelAir Sport Sedan Image Our '76 Corvette Image
ThumperNZ

Re: Kiwi just Sayin' Gudday

Postby Randy_W » July 27th, 2011, 6:32 am

Welcome to the site, we don't see a lot New Zealanders here! It seems to me that the Aussies, Kiwis and Americans often share interests and go about things more nearly alike than any others, with the Brits being close but having a bit more Euro influence. We'd like to see your cars and hear about some of your engine builds and local stories, regardless of brand. Also, we'll talk a bit of politic as well if you care to join in.
Which island are you from and tell us a bit about it. 8-)
Randy
Don't mess with old men, we didn't get that way by being stupid!
Randy_W

Postby Indycars » July 27th, 2011, 7:38 am

Welcome to the forum!!! Image

Yes we do like pics, got any???
Rick
Too much is just enough!!!

- Check Out My Dart SHP Engine Project: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3814
- Need a Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=4458
Indycars

Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby grumpyvette » July 27th, 2011, 7:43 am

welcome to the forum, have you got any projects currently under construction? pictures?
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ThumperNZ » July 27th, 2011, 4:54 pm

I just updated the Avatar and signature, so you can see our main interest cars, engine wise, at the moment I'm rebuilding my daughters BF EVO 3 road race car's engine, after he had 2 sets of rod bearings fail. The engine was built by a professional shop, but they did not restrict the oil flow to the head or provide any oil pan baffling, so that's one project underway.
The other project, is the dual quad engine from the 57 Sport Coupe, which I am collecting parts for atm. The engine in it at the moment is a date correct 2BC 283. It's good Winter work, so plenty to keep me occupied.
I'll show a few more pics as we go along, so here is a few full size shots of the cars.

My Wife's car '57 Chevrolet BelAir Sport Sedan Image Our '76 Corvette Image
ThumperNZ

Postby grumpyvette » July 27th, 2011, 5:18 pm

you obviously take a some time to keep your cars in good condition, its impressive to see someones cars who really takes the effort to keep them in that condition as so many guys seem to own cars that just let them slowly degrade
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Indycars » August 4th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Those are some very nice cars. The 57 looks better than new from the pics.

Nice work !!!
Rick
Too much is just enough!!!

- Check Out My Dart SHP Engine Project: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3814
- Need a Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=4458
Indycars

Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to introduce yourself