Aloha from Maui

Re: Aloha from Maui

Postby 2Loose » June 21st, 2011, 6:06 pm

Gotta tell you the pix I take to post are an issue with me, I like the way the color and "more real" look of the shots comes out if I do not use the flash, but I gotta really hold my camera still to make sure it does not come out "fuzzy", as the light in the shop of not that good and it takes a longer exposure to get a good shot. Sometimes I get a good one, don't move while the lens is open, other times I guess I move even though I didn't think I did....

Can't tell for sure until I get back home and download the camera, then i sometimes see some fuzzyness, but if the shot still looks reasonably usable, I'll do it anyway. The flash often makes the shot look too "bright", glarey, too shiney, whatever you want to call it, I don't like it as much as a good shot with natural lighting. Plus I'm just having fun recording what's going on with my project, so if it is close to what I want to show, I'll use it....

I use a very simple and free download program called "Coffee Cup" to set up the web pages and upload them to the server. Am not a computer person at all, but managed to stumble through this software enough to do what I want, and it does it pretty easily. Not sure if that software is still available or not, or if it is still free, got it many years ago, through many variations of Windows, and it is still working, these days on Windows XP, no problems....
2Loose

Postby Indycars » June 21st, 2011, 6:59 pm

2Loose wrote:Gotta tell you the pix I take to post are an issue with me, I like the way the color and "more real" look of the shots comes out if I do not use the flash, but I gotta really hold my camera still to make sure it does not come out "fuzzy", as the light in the shop of not that good and it takes a longer exposure to get a good shot. Sometimes I get a good one, don't move while the lens is open, other times I guess I move even though I didn't think I did....
I take everything in my shop with a tripod. It usually takes the camera a second to actually take the picture, by then I'm no longer even touching the camera.

Can't tell for sure until I get back home and download the camera, then i sometimes see some fuzzyness, but if the shot still looks reasonably usable, I'll do it anyway. The flash often makes the shot look too "bright", glarey, too shiney, whatever you want to call it, I don't like it as much as a good shot with natural lighting. Plus I'm just having fun recording what's going on with my project, so if it is close to what I want to show, I'll use it....
I'm with you,most of the time I don't like the flash. Unless you can use bounce flash, but most people don't have a way to aim the flash at the ceiling. I have a halogen desk lamp that I can adjust to position right where I need it. You might try holding a piece of semi-transparent plastic over the flash, this will diffuse the light and give you that natural light look.

I use a very simple and free download program called "Coffee Cup" to set up the web pages and upload them to the server. Am not a computer person at all, but managed to stumble through this software enough to do what I want, and it does it pretty easily. Not sure if that software is still available or not, or if it is still free, got it many years ago, through many variations of Windows, and it is still working, these days on Windows XP, no problems....
Coffee Cup is the name of the software company. Here is a link to their FREE downloads.
http://www.coffeecup.com/freestuff/

Do you use this software to post pics to forums ??? Or ???

Rick
Too much is just enough!!!

- Check Out My Dart SHP Engine Project: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3814
- Need a Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=4458
Indycars

Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby 2Loose » June 21st, 2011, 8:21 pm

Actually I do, once they are posted on one of my pages on a server (I have three server services that I use), then that url can be used to post in a forum. Looking at my website from a browser, Firefox for example, if I right click on a pix with "view image" the photo by itself will show up on the browser and the url just for that photo is shown in the address slot on the browser, just copy that url and put it in the thread posting sandwiched between [img]and[/img], so far it has worked every time for me.

Here's one here done exactly that way:

That photo is on this web page of mine:
http://2loose.chevytalk.org/olds425two.html
and after clicking "view image" i copied this url:
http://2loose.chevytalk.org/55%20Gasser ... p%2009.JPG

That web page was put together using the "Coffe Cup" software...

To quote a very good friend of mine, it's "DUCK SOUP...."

Willy
2Loose

Postby Randy_W » June 22nd, 2011, 5:56 am

That's how I do a lot pics as well. I do use SamartFTP to host my pictures and post from as well. ;)
Randy
Don't mess with old men, we didn't get that way by being stupid!
Randy_W

Postby Indycars » June 22nd, 2011, 7:38 am

2Loose wrote:Actually I do, once they are posted on one of my pages on a server (I have three server services that I use), then that url can be used to post in a forum. Looking at my website from a browser, Firefox for example, if I right click on a pix with "view image" the photo by itself will show up on the browser and the url just for that photo is shown in the address slot on the browser, just copy that url and put it in the thread posting sandwiched between [img]and[/img], so far it has worked every time for me.

That photo is on this web page of mine:
http://2loose.chevytalk.org/olds425two.html
and after clicking "view image" i copied this url:
http://2loose.chevytalk.org/55%20Gasser ... p%2009.JPG

That web page was put together using the "Coffee Cup" software...

To quote a very good friend of mine, it's "DUCK SOUP...."

Willy

I've used that system a few times. It seems a pain to keep up with all those pics and their organization. You can't move the picture to another folder the forum that it's pointed to will no longer display the picture......right ??? If I was Grumpy, I would be concerned that over time as people come and go, a lot of those pics would be lost to the forum. I know he uses [img]and[/img] system, but if he leaves, so does the forum most likely.

If I have this wrong, please enlighten me !!! The last thing I want is this to look like I'm trying you what to do, I'm just wanting to point out the pros and cons.
Rick
Too much is just enough!!!

- Check Out My Dart SHP Engine Project: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3814
- Need a Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=4458
Indycars

Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby 2Loose » June 25th, 2011, 11:07 pm

I think you're correct, if I move that photo to another location, then the posted url in the thread is now incorrect and the photo won't show. Hadn't thought about that. Is there another way around that?
Willy
2Loose

Previous

Return to introduce yourself