finding related links and info

finding related links and info

Postby grumpyvette » March 13th, 2014, 4:04 pm

I got asked how you find info related to any subject on this site, well, there going to be links and sub links for related info , posted in most threads to help,as most of the threads posted by most of the members, as we try hard to make finding related info very easy,
but too start out ,you can look for a related forum on the main index page,

HERES THE LINK TO THAT
index.php

OR I just use the search feature at the top right corner of the screen and put in a minimum of (3-5) four letter, or larger words KEEP IN MIND 3 LETTER OR SHORTER WORDS ARE IGNORED
and yeah! I know I can,t spell worth crap at times, so try a few combos in SEARCH

try it , then select the threads you need too access, example if you were looking to gap rings, Id insert

"rings gapping hone " in the search, and then quickly look thru the links

if i was looking for head gasket info "quench gasket copper coat" get the idea??

BTW WE CONSTANTLY ADD ADDITIONAL LINKS AND DIAGRAMS TO OLDER THREADS, IF YOU READ THRU A THREAD A FEW MONTHS AGO CHANCES ARE EXCELLENT, THERES BEEN ADDITIONAL INFO ADDED SINCE THEN

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=278&p=341#p341

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4900
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: finding related links and info

Postby grumpyvette » March 14th, 2014, 8:48 am

GRUMPY....Thank you so much - but ill point out that searches (here) don't seem to work that well for me and here's the problem - with your experience you know, and more than likely don't even think about other vocabulary that will connect you to what you need. I see some thread that I will need but not for awhile, so months later I can't find that information.

your most likely correct,and at times i find it takes me a minute or two to locat a thread I want to reference, but in most cases theres a link or sub link to related threads so stepping thru the links speeds the search, but theres no doubt you can increase results if you limit the search words to only two and try several (4-5)separate searches, EXAMPLE

if you were looking for info on rings, a couple searches like these would surely bring up different resulting threads
one ( rings, gapping)
one (hone,pressure)
one (bore, pistons )
one(surface, drag)
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby grumpyvette » March 14th, 2014, 8:49 am

GRUMPY....Thank you so much - but ill point out that searches (here) don't seem to work that well for me and here's the problem - with your experience you know, and more than likely don't even think about other vocabulary that will connect you to what you need. I see some thread that I will need but not for awhile, so months later I can't find that information.

your most likely correct,and at times I find it takes me a minute or two to locate a particular thread I want to reference, but in most cases theres a link or sub link to related threads so stepping thru the links speeds the search, but theres no doubt you can increase results if you limit the search words to only two and try several (4-5)separate searches, EXAMPLE

if you were looking for info on rings, a couple searches like these would surely bring up different resulting threads
one ( rings, gapping)
one (hone,pressure)
one (bore, pistons )
one(surface, drag)
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby philly » March 14th, 2014, 10:22 am

grumpyvette wrote:GRUMPY....Thank you so much - but ill point out that searches (here) don't seem to work that well for me and here's the problem - with your experience you know, and more than likely don't even think about other vocabulary that will connect you to what you need. I see some thread that I will need but not for awhile, so months later I can't find that information.

your most likely correct,and at times I find it takes me a minute or two to locate a particular thread I want to reference, but in most cases theres a link or sub link to related threads so stepping thru the links speeds the search, but theres no doubt you can increase results if you limit the search words to only two and try several (4-5)separate searches, EXAMPLE

one ( rings, gapping)
one (hone,pressure)
one (bore, pistons )
one(surface, drag)

thats typically how i search on here... ill type out a phrase, then search an acronym for the phrase, then type something related to it that im sure it will be linked in somewhere... typically gives me the broad stroke results i need to sift through and find im looking for
-phil

There's never enough money to build it right, but there's always enough to build it twice!
philly

Postby 87vette81big » March 14th, 2014, 10:56 am

I like searching on Grumpys site in my spare time.
When I reach a Dead End its a chance to bring an old thread back to life.
Or start a New Thread myself.
Keep Grumpy Busy & rest of us.
If its Race Related I am Happy.
87vette81big

Return to Tools, Procedures, and Testing trouble shooting