Page 4 of 4

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 6:26 pm
by philly
the science behind the big bore is universal, regardless of manufacturer... but i think your right the people with millions of hours and dollars invested dont want to give away ALL the findings for free.

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 6:54 pm
by 87vette81big
philly wrote:the science behind the big bore is universal, regardless of manufacturer... but i think your right the people with millions of hours and dollars invested dont want to give away ALL the findings for free.

I don't think it matters as much on the street .
Big Bore.
Under square Long Stroke. Pontiac 455 Setup debunks that theory.

Pro stock N/A Yes. Have to turn 9,000-11,000 RPM To win.

The Big Critera is you can't beat that Hellcat N/A on an affordable plan in a 2-dr coupe car easy.
Only practical way is Supercharge or Turbo.

Do You Really Think Hellcat owners will leave it stock at 707 HP ?
I Know I would not.
Crankup boost to 1,000 HP.

So

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 6:56 pm
by 87vette81big
So what's the Real Game Plan ?

What's Yours ?

I know Mine.

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 8:47 am
by philly
why would i try to beat a supercharged v8 with an NA combo? i go turbo and whiz right by.

and you wait and see how hat car starts wetting the bed with any real power applied to it. no way that rear is gonna hold, or that stupid 8 speed tranny either. only time will tell.

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 8:49 am
by philly
87vette81big wrote:
philly wrote:the science behind the big bore is universal, regardless of manufacturer... but i think your right the people with millions of hours and dollars invested dont want to give away ALL the findings for free.

I don't think it matters as much on the street .
Big Bore.
Under square Long Stroke. Pontiac 455 Setup debunks that theory.

Pro stock N/A Yes. Have to turn 9,000-11,000 RPM To win.

The Big Critera is you can't beat that Hellcat N/A on an affordable plan in a 2-dr coupe car easy.
Only practical way is Supercharge or Turbo.

Do You Really Think Hellcat owners will leave it stock at 707 HP ?
I Know I would not.
Crankup boost to 1,000 HP.

So


with the same head, the bigger bore will breathe better, every single time, on every single motor, chevy, ford, honda, BOPC, lamborghini. thats what i meant the valve unshrouding just allows more flow

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 9:05 am
by 87vette81big
philly wrote:why would i try to beat a supercharged v8 with an NA combo? i go turbo and whiz right by.

and you wait and see how hat car starts wetting the bed with any real power applied to it. no way that rear is gonna hold, or that stupid 8 speed tranny either. only time will tell.

I roll the Dice & Gamble at times Phil.
Hellcat will do serious damage to Vette scene & want to be racers hotrodders.
Shut Them all down...

And it will finally put You & me back to work.
No more Shit Fuck sidejobs.
No more managers taking the glory because they have more scratch than us.
Real Race knowledge & skills required to build .
Done with highly skilled 2 hands we have .

All pride shot rhey had prior.
You & me will be hired to build Better & Faster than the Hellcat.

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 4:01 pm
by philly
87vette81big wrote:
philly wrote:why would i try to beat a supercharged v8 with an NA combo? i go turbo and whiz right by.

and you wait and see how hat car starts wetting the bed with any real power applied to it. no way that rear is gonna hold, or that stupid 8 speed tranny either. only time will tell.

I roll the Dice & Gamble at times Phil.
Hellcat will do serious damage to Vette scene & want to be racers hotrodders.
Shut Them all down...

And it will finally put You & me back to work.
No more Shit Fuck sidejobs.
No more managers taking the glory because they have more scratch than us.
Real Race knowledge & skills required to build .
Done with highly skilled 2 hands we have .

All pride shot rhey had prior.
You & me will be hired to build Better & Faster than the Hellcat.


i welcome the opportunity, and im sure you do too. nothing feels better than beating a fast car... with a faster car. :twisted:

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 12:56 am
by 87vette81big
I think the only practical way to compete is Single & Twin Turbo builds.
Vette guys don't want to deal with supercharger belts & maintenance that goes with.
They won't give up that IRS Rear either.
Only a select few will go solid axle.
Like 3-5 out of 10,000-50,000 owners.
Problem also is many cars are modded built up.
For N/A Pump gas.
Static & Dynamic compression too high for good turbo boost in 11-32 psi range.
Don't know how many will start with new build with dished pistons & matching turbo camshaft grind.

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 1:55 pm
by philly
theres a dozen IRS vettes, zcars, and rx7's running 9.50 or faster in florida that i am aware of. so its possible... i just want to see how GM responds in the form of a ZR1 for the c7


at any rate... all this IRS talk is giving me a headache, you know theres a million fox bodies thatll give it to a hellcat on the street no problems, f bodies too. actually theres a guy down here in a naturally aspirated 4banger civic that runs better times than the hellcat and his car works on the street. so when the hellcat comes around we'll be ready. the technology is there, nothing is unbeatable.

Re: connecting rod & rod length too stroke info

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 2:35 pm
by 87vette81big
philly wrote:theres a dozen IRS vettes, zcars, and rx7's running 9.50 or faster in florida that i am aware of. so its possible... i just want to see how GM responds in the form of a ZR1 for the c7


at any rate... all this IRS talk is giving me a headache, you know theres a million fox bodies thatll give it to a hellcat on the street no problems, f bodies too. actually theres a guy down here in a naturally aspirated 4banger civic that runs better times than the hellcat and his car works on the street. so when the hellcat comes around we'll be ready. the technology is there, nothing is unbeatable.

You know I Especially like the 5.0 Fox Stang guys Phil.
Groundbreakers & Very Fast.
A Legecy that Chevy failed to beat.

8.0S in 5.0 on streets in Joliet Chi town still.
Not afraid to street race.