Dirt Biking

Dirt Biking

Postby mathd » May 8th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Well, while it is still cold (about 10°C, thats why the heavy clothes) there is no more snow around, so i did take a ride this afternoon :)
First ride of the season.
Wish i could find one deeper and with more mud but its the best we could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHdCsAYrj8
Same water hole, other way in second :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws0tQVZjTRQ
Here is a video of another rider with me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9unpvLYm3M
Mathieu
mathd

Re: Dirt Biking

Postby grumpyvette » May 8th, 2014, 6:50 pm

I like getting out in the back woods on a dirt bike, I did it for years with a 250cc honda, dirt bike I owned, but maybe its just a character flaw on my part, or It that I,m past 65 years old,but Ive never seen, nor do I remember, the real draw in getting a good wet,drippy coat of ice cold muddy water down the back of my jacket while covering my self in wet trail debris :lol: I used to try hard too drive on upper or higher and drier areas, like the logging trail road edge, and avoid the water , mostly due to the fact that down here in the glades the water can get darn deep and gators have a habit or digging wet spots even deeper
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dirt Biking

Postby mathd » May 9th, 2014, 7:13 pm

grumpyvette wrote:I like getting out in the back woods on a dirt bike, I did it for years with a 250cc honda, dirt bike I owned, but maybe its just a character flaw on my part, or It that I,m past 65 years old,but Ive never seen, nor do I remember, the real draw in getting a good wet,drippy coat of ice cold muddy water down the back of my jacket while covering my self in wet trail debris :lol: I used to try hard too drive on upper or higher and drier areas, like the logging trail road edge, and avoid the water , mostly due to the fact that down here in the glades the water can get darn deep and gators have a habit or digging wet spots even deeper

To me, nothing beat the fun/price ratio of a dirt bike.
doing maintenance and repairs on the japenese motocross bike is really easy.
We both where riding 2 stroke 125cc, 125 may sound small, but its a very easy to handle bike at that weight(208 pounds ~). That's why we love them, you can do anything you want with it and make it look easy.

Did another ride today with a summer shirt, but it started raining and sun did hide, it got cold quick :O.
Have seen a big devilery truck in the trail today(guy said because of the gps..), road was too soft/de icing, truck ditched in the mud above the bumper.(guy got stuck, tryed backing and it got worst, back of the truck slipped in the ditch)

The other rider with me is my dad, he is 59. He say, it help remove the shoulder and back pain to him lol.

No gator and nasty species around here, just riding and no worry. I have seen only 3 bear while riding and 2 moose(and it was pretty far in the wilderness over a riding period of 10+ years)
Mathieu
mathd

Return to The Swap Shop