Small Block Chevy Engines and Parts + T-56 Transmissions

Small Block Chevy Engines and Parts + T-56 Transmissions

Postby enigma57 » December 15th, 2011, 3:04 am

Having retired, it is time to inventory and put up for sale items remaining from past projects. All parts are new unless noted otherwise.

If interested, please send PM. I am located NW of Houston, Texas. Reasonable offers considered. Prices listed are negotiable.

* Will ship smaller parts and split shipping cost within lower 48 states...... Payment by US Postal Money Order accepted.

* Larger parts to be picked up in person, cash on receipt...... No checks, MOs nor credit cards.

All sales are final......

New heads and exhaust manifolds for small block Chevy and crossram intake base for V-6 Chevy......

$2,800 - Victor Jr. heads with full portwork by Mondello, intake ports matched to 1209 gasket size, 65cc chambers, 2.08" /1.60" valves. Intake side flows 306 cfm @ 0.525" lift per Mondello.

$180 - GM crossram intake base for 1st design GM 229 V-6 Bowtie racing heads. With very few mods to intake, this intake can be made to fit '85 - '94 4.3 litre V-6 production heads as well. Consists of base only - You will need make a top plate to fit the carburettor(s) you wish to run.

$180 - Sanderson QP1000 cast iron exhaust manifolds. Special ordered with both sides having outlet centered. Note: These are both passenger side manifolds. They tuck in very close to the block and on the drivers side, there is a clearance issue with one of the raised bosses cast into 1958 and later blocks for side engine mounts. As such, either the boss must be ground about 1/4" for clearance and '55 - '57 front mounts used...... Or spacers similar to those used to adapt Stahl headers may be fitted between drivers side head and manifold to gain additional clearance so side engine mounts may be used.

New camshaft with lifters and roller rocker set......

$235 - UltraDyne custom flat tappet solid lifter cam and lifters (252 degrees duration @ 0.050" lift intake and exhaust, 0.525" lift, ground on 110 degree LSA, reduced base circle of 1.10", Pro-55 core)

$215 - GMPP self-guiding roller rocker arms (set of 16 special ordered with 8 having 1.6 ratio and 8 having 1.5 ratio) Note: self-guiding rocker arms will work only with hydraulic lifter cams. Do not use these type rockers with solid lifter cams.

Used intakes......

$300 - Offenhauser #5253 dual quad 360 degree intake for small block Chevy (polished aluminum finish, very nice looking intake)

$180 - 1974 Aston Martin Series-3 Isolated Runner intake original to 5.3 litre Lagonda V-8. Only 967 such Series-3 Aston Martin V-8 cars were produced. Mounts (4) Weber 42 DCNF carbs (not included)

$150 - Early 1980s Maserati 4.9 litre V-8 Isolated Runner intake. Mounts (4) Weber 42 DCNF carbs (not included)

New transmission......

$2,400 - New T-56 Borg Warner 'aftermarket' 6-speed trans. This will bolt up to standard GM bellhousing and has mechanical speedo gear and cable connection for older vehicles.

(This transmission was bought in late '90s before Tremec (Mexico) acquired Borg Warner Transmission Division)

Best regards and thanks for looking through the listing,

Harry
Last edited by enigma57 on July 12th, 2015, 8:00 am, edited 26 times in total.
enigma57

Re: Small block Chevy and MOPAR engine, trans and rearend pa

Postby grumpyvette » December 15th, 2011, 9:11 am

wow! and I thought I hoarded parts!
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby enigma57 » December 16th, 2011, 8:45 am

:D Waste not, want not!

Happy Motoring,

Harry
enigma57

Postby mathd » December 16th, 2011, 9:13 am

edit:
Oh, the T-56's are NEW,
Sorry my bad was looking at used :/
Last edited by mathd on December 16th, 2011, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mathieu
mathd

Postby enigma57 » December 18th, 2011, 3:12 am

Hi, Mathieu! Thanks for your interest!

Regarding your questions...... Both the 'aftermarket' T-56 and production T-56 I have here are new.

The 'aftermarket' version is configured to bolt into an earlier model car in place of a 3-speed or 4-speed or 5-speed manual transmission with very few modifications.

It has a 26-spline input,which is longer than the production version. And I had Sallee Chevrolet redrill the adapter plate so that it would install straight up, rather than rotated as the 3rd gen. F-body cars require. A standard 350 turbo or Muncie or T-10 yoke fits the output shaft.

The main concern with regard to logistics (how to get the transmission from Texas to Canada)...... Is that I am just a retired guy with lots of parts at my home and residential garage left over from various projects that took other courses and were not utilized. I do not have a business and am not set up to ship large items. That is why I stated in my initial post......

'I am located NW of Houston, Texas.

Parts to be picked up in person, cash on receipt. No checks, MOs nor credit cards. All sales are final......'

Nonetheless, if there is a way to do this, I will be happy to work with you. Have you ever visited Texas? :D

Here is some info on both the 'aftermarket' and production versions of the T-56 6-speed transmission......

'Aftermarket' T-56 info......

http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/BorgWar ... 56pics.cfm

http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/BorgWarner/bwt56.cfm

Production T-56 info......

http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/ChevyTr ... /gmt56.cfm

Here is some additional info regarding the Weir T-56 OEM Conversion Kit (adapts production T-56 transmission to gen. 1 engines and allows use of standard push style clutch)......

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techa ... index.html

More......

http://www.chevelles.com/techref/tecref21.html

Comparative Prices (new)......

http://www.thedrivenman.com/tremec-transmissions.htm - $2,595.00

http://www.standardtransmission.com/contact.html - $2,595.00

Comparative Prices (used)......

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/t56?_dmd= ... 6&geo_id=1

I will send you a PM with some additional info as well.

Best regards,

Harry
enigma57

Postby enigma57 » January 25th, 2012, 4:25 am

Sale is pending for MOPAR performance upgrade parts.

If you run across anything else you may find of interest, please give me a holler!

Best regards,

Harry
Last edited by enigma57 on April 28th, 2012, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
enigma57

Postby enigma57 » March 27th, 2012, 3:29 am

Pontiac / Olds posi rear, A-833 transmission and Offy crossram intake have been sold.

Remainder of parts listed above are available for sale.

If you see anything you may be interested in, please send me a PM for details.

Thanks,

Harry
enigma57

Re: Small Block Chevy and MOPAR Engine and Transmission Part

Postby enigma57 » April 28th, 2012, 3:10 am

The new performance upgrade parts for MOPAR have been sold. However, the nearly new 360 Magnum engine is still available, as are the GM parts listed.

If interested, please send PM. I am located NW of Houston, Texas. Reasonable offers considered. Prices listed are negotiable.

Parts to be picked up in person, cash on receipt. No checks, MOs nor credit cards. All sales are final......

Best regards and thanks for your interest,

Harry
enigma57

Re: Small Block Chevy and MOPAR Engines, Transmissions and P

Postby enigma57 » May 27th, 2012, 12:07 am

1 set of the Sanderson Q1000 cast iron exhaust manifolds have been sold. Have one additional set remaining.

Thanks,

Harry
enigma57

Postby enigma57 » June 30th, 2012, 2:57 am

Ad revised to reflect price adjustments.

Will ship smaller parts and split shipping cost within lower 48 states...... Payment by US Postal Money Order accepted.

Larger parts to be picked up in person, cash on receipt...... No checks, MOs nor credit cards.

Thanks for your interest,

Harry
Last edited by enigma57 on April 16th, 2013, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enigma57

Postby enigma57 » August 3rd, 2012, 4:28 am

Image Edelbrock Vortec tri-power intake, L31 heads and Sanderson tubular block hugger headers have been sold. Remainder of parts listed above are available.

Revised listing for the L31 Vortec crate engine......

New 350 Chevy L31 Vortec engine with performance upgrades......

$2,500 - New (still strapped to shipping pallet) 1998 L31 Vortec 350 crate engine. This was sourced from Sallee Chevrolet in 1998. Sold as their 'Xtreme 350 4X4' crate engine. Has Comp Cams RV roller cam upgrade, ZZ4 timing gears and chain, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, and new GM HEI distributor which I had recurved by Dave Ray to suit this engine. I have pulled the L31 heads, which have been sold. Price lowered to reflect this.

Have a set of new GMPP Fastburn heads for sale as well. If you are interested in a package deal, will sell crate engine
(less L31 heads) and include Fastburn heads for $3,750.

Revised listing for QP1000 exhaust manifolds......

$180 - Sanderson QP1000 cast iron exhaust manifolds. Special ordered with both sides having outlet centered. Note: These are both passenger side manifolds. They tuck in very close to the block and on the drivers side, there is a clearance issue with one of the raised bosses cast into 1958 and later blocks for side engine mounts. As such, either the boss must be ground about 1/4" for clearance and '55 - '57 front mounts used...... Or spacers similar to those used to adapt Stahl headers may be fitted between drivers side head and manifold to gain additional clearance so side engine mounts may be used.

Added to listing......

$180 - Ramshorn exhaust manifolds with 2-1/2" outlets. Aftermarket castings, not GM...... So do not have GM part numbers. For a clean look, these manifolds were ordered with no bosses for mounting generator / alternator.

Harry
enigma57

Postby enigma57 » April 16th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Offy single 4bbl intake and ramshorn exhaust manifolds have been sold.

Added this part to list of items for sale......

$300 - Offenhauser dual quad 360 degree intake for small block Chevy (polished aluminum finish, very nice looking intake)
enigma57

Postby enigma57 » July 6th, 2013, 6:48 am

GM # 3844459 cast iron intake has been sold. Remainder of parts listed are available.

Harry
enigma57

Postby Bobs85PU » July 9th, 2013, 4:26 pm

enigma57 wrote:Offy single 4bbl intake and ramshorn exhaust manifolds have been sold.

Added this part to list of items for sale......

$300 - Offenhauser dual quad 360 degree intake for small block Chevy (polished aluminum finish, very nice looking intake)

Got a picture Harry???
All my posts are approved by Zora, Arkus and Duntov. Harley Earl is the proof reader.
Bobs85PU

Postby enigma57 » July 10th, 2013, 9:08 am

Yes, I have some I can send you by E-mail, Bob. Will send them to you shortly.

Best regards,

Harry
enigma57

Postby 87vette81big » July 10th, 2013, 12:05 pm

Harry do you still have any 1957-64 Pontiac -Olds 9.300 Rears or parts left over?
Always interested in purchasing more of them.
Like to have a vintage Strange Engineering 31 spline spool.
Or Henry's Machine. Mark Williams. Or Lenco
Build up 1 of my 3rd members with 4.56 or 4.88 gears.
Have plenty of 5.13, 5.38, 5.57 & 5.86 gears.
Drag racing in mind.
Crazy Rpms you guys turned through the traps back in the day.
9K to 11k.

Like to have a 1959 Pontiac Rear too.
Smooth housing welded in cover.
1 year only.

Brian
87vette81big

Next

Return to The Swap Shop