(SOLD) Holley Economaster Q-jet replacement Carb

(SOLD) Holley Economaster Q-jet replacement Carb

Postby chromebumpers » September 28th, 2012, 1:38 pm

This was somewhat of an answer for Holley during the gas crunch days to offer a 4 barrel carb that bolts right up to any Quadrajet equipped car or truck.
L-7455 4360 series
* Factory Chevy OEM Divorced Choke Linkage - will work on any year Small block or Big block GM application if using an Edelbrock Perfomer aftermarket aluminum intake manifold. Will also work on stock GM quadrajet equipped cast iron manifolds from 1965-1974. See below info on choke setup.
* Power Brake Boost Vacuum Port
* Distributor Vacuum Advanced Port (Timed Vacuum)
* Multiple Full Vacuum Accessory Ports
* Bolts Directly onto Manifolds Equipped with Quadrajet or Thermoquad Carbs
Spreadbore carburetor mounting dimensions, distance from center to center of bolt holes in baseplate are as follows: left to right 4 1/4”, front to back 5 5/8”.
Choke Setup - this carburetor uses a very simple and effective factory oem "divorced" also referred to as "remote" choke. The bi-metallic heat activated choke works by using engine heat off the manifold to activate the bi-metallic spring, which flips the choke lever open. It is easier to install than an electric choke (doesn't require a pos. wire), plus will never burn out and cause problems like the electric chokes do after several years of use. This is the same proven choke system that GM used for many years on its factory 4bbl quadrajets. The choke will work on any year small block or big block GM product if upgraded to the Edelbrock Performer aluminum intake manifold. It will also work on all stock cast iron GM quadrajet equipped manifolds from 1965 to 1974. The last photo shows this carburetor on an edelbrock performer intake on a 1985 small block chevy 350.
To use on 1975 or later small block Chevy upgrade intake to Edelbrock Perfomer part number EDL-2101 aluminum intake and bi-metallic spring kit part EDL-1931.
To use on 1975 or later Big Block Chevy upgrade intake to Edelbrock perfomer EDL-2161 aluminum intake and bi-metallic spring kit part number EDL-1935
Spreadbore carburetor mounting dimensions, distance from center to center of bolt holes in baseplate are as follows: left to right 4 1/4”, front to back 5 5/8”. (This mounting bolt pattern is the same as a Quadrajet, Edelbrock, or Carter carburetor)

This carb ran well but has been in storage for over a year. It will need a rebuilding kit, I found them at Jeggs and NAPA. I took this off my 72 Corvette, everything is there - nothing is missing nothing broken except for a split rubber boot that is on the e-pump (a new one comes in a rebuild kit). Although the applications are many, it's my understanding that this carb is really good on pickups for gas economy reasons. I'm asking just $39.95 plus $10 Shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotorshttp://cg ... ide:5&rd=1
Rich
chromebumpers

Return to The Swap Shop