57 Chevy Belair

57 Chevy Belair

Postby rbl2 » January 19th, 2013, 12:47 am

Some here may remember about 1 year ago I mentioned in another post somewhere that a friend had been given a 57 Chevy Belair, 4 dr sedan. He told me at the time if he ever wanted to get rid of it he would give me first shot. That shot came about late last night. I'm not interested. It needs more work than I can handle at this stage of my life, not to forget I have other projects going. I am hoping someone here may be interested.

Originally it was a 6 cyl., 3 speed. The previous owner removed the rear end. It is with the car but not installed. The front end, as in A frames, brake drums, springs, etc. are also removed and sitting in the trunk. The front fenders and hood are also there but removed. There is no engine or transmission. The seats are ok but the rest of the interior is shot. I could see no obvious dents at all in the body and saw only one small rust spot. I did see rust around the edges of the rear window but did not check the front windshield. Needless to say the wiring is gone. The glass is there but would need replacing.

The car can be had cheap. It would need total restoration. 57 Chevys being what they are it would be worth the effort in my opinion regardless of it being kept original or rodded.

I don't have pictures but it would be no problem to get some.

If you are interested please let me know.
rbl2

Re: 57 Chevy Belair

Postby grumpyvette » January 19th, 2013, 9:22 am

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS, HOPE IT GOES TO A GOOD NEW HOME!
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 87vette81big » January 20th, 2013, 4:27 am

rbl2 wrote:Some here may remember about 1 year ago I mentioned in another post somewhere that a friend had been given a 57 Chevy Belair, 4 dr sedan. He told me at the time if he ever wanted to get rid of it he would give me first shot. That shot came about late last night. I'm not interested. It needs more work than I can handle at this stage of my life, not to forget I have other projects going. I am hoping someone here may be interested.

Originally it was a 6 cyl., 3 speed. The previous owner removed the rear end. It is with the car but not installed. The front end, as in A frames, brake drums, springs, etc. are also removed and sitting in the trunk. The front fenders and hood are also there but removed. There is no engine or transmission. The seats are ok but the rest of the interior is shot. I could see no obvious dents at all in the body and saw only one small rust spot. I did see rust around the edges of the rear window but did not check the front windshield. Needless to say the wiring is gone. The glass is there but would need replacing.

The car can be had cheap. It would need total restoration. 57 Chevys being what they are it would be worth the effort in my opinion regardless of it being kept original or rodded.

I don't have pictures but it would be no problem to get some.

If you are interested please let me know.

Hi, Does your 1957 Bel Air 4 door have the factory optional Power Brake Option ? If so its extremely rare.
I am working on a customers 1957 Bel Air 4 door 283ci 4-bbl all cast iron powerglide with cooler lines to radiator, Factory Power Brake option, drum brakes on all 4 corners of course. Arizona car that was repainted some time ago & entire interior is shot. All glass OK yet.
A project that came into my work last Monday. It was slow so I was able to work on the old girl. Got her up & running & it purs like a kitten. I think the engine is all original & never rebuilt. Straight bladed screws holding the timing cover on & Philip screws holding the valvecovers down.

Even though its a 4-dr, its still a very neat car. If mine, I would drive her daily in fair weather, no road salt on the ground.
I know a guy in Bloomington, IL that may be interested in your 1957 Chevy Bel Air 4dr.
He is a straight up guy. Name your price, if its right for both of you, he likely will pay you $$$ cash on the spot.
He has a 1955 Chevy Bel Air 2dr ex drag car that came from Decatur, IL. Like a time capsule.
He also drives a 1958 Chevy pickup with 6 cylinder & 3 on the tree daily, he has since for the last 9 years, needs a paint job that pickup but he don't care.
I know this guy would love to have your old 1957 Bel Air 4dr. He will restore it & drive it daily in fair weather.
He has a job, one of the lucky few still working at Diamond Star Motors, old Mitsubishi plant in Normal, IL.
I will put you in touch with him, just write back or PM- private message me.

Brian R.
87vette81big

Postby rbl2 » January 21st, 2013, 2:55 am

I believe he said he would let it go for $300.00. Although the body is solid it needs a lot of work.
rbl2

Return to The Swap Shop