What are these worth?

What are these worth?

Postby chromebumpers » February 16th, 2013, 8:16 pm

I have a pristine set of Egg-crate side vents for 1970 - '72 'vettes (not painted). Any catalog or web-site I can find doesn't list these or says "call" so I don't know what they are worth for trading. Any ideas?

I have a lot of C3 interior parts, door panels, upper dash, lower left dash, Map pocket, rear-view mirror, door handles, Rear compart lids/doors assembly, Pair of seats (all in tact, tan leather from a '69) good condition.

Brand new never used front mat set for C6 Z06 Embroidered logo black or dark charcoal (what ever it's called)

Original AM/FM radio 1971

A 1969 350/350hp manual shift Rochestor Quadrajet Untouched, as pulled from original car - not remaned

A lot of 10 Quadrajet carbs, complete (some missing filter nuts) all 1970's no cracks or damages. trade value asking $100 for all. Easly worth 5Xs that. ******************************************************************************************************************************************
I NEED THE FOLLOWING

1). I need an air cleaner chrome top cover for a dual snorkel air filter housing. Not China made and good chrome.
2). A chrome distributor cover '70 to 72.
3). Front carpet set in red, slightly used or good condition and color.
4). Rear bumpers and license frame, good chrome.
5). A BB/LT-1 style hood that fits 71 and 72 (I'm not sure if 68/69 hoods fit?)
Rich
chromebumpers

Re: What are these worth?

Postby 87vette81big » February 17th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Spring is coming up Rich. Swap Meet season around the Midwest & eleswhere in the USA.
I am not sure what your 1970-72 Corvette Egg Grilles are worth. If they are Mint original, my guess is at least $500 for the pair.
Basing my estimation what 1970 Pontiac GTO or 1970-1/2 Trans Am Mint original grilles are worth today.

I seen Grumpy posted very useful information on Q-jet carbs.
They are fantastic carbs to rebuild & use today on mild to high performance engine builds to 500-550HP.
The best were the 800cfm models used on select Pontiac & Buick V8 Applications. 1970-71 Buick GSX Stage 1 455 & 1973-74 Pontiac SD-455 engines.
Most were the 750cfm units & still are very good.
What matters most to me other than no corrosion damage, is what primary metering rod & jet along with secondary metering rod stamped codes.
Date coding is important too. Especially in the musclecar era. To match the engine & rest of car. up 2 months prior stamped date on carburetor or other engine drive line parts is generally accepted as OK & legit to show judges.

I may be interested in your Q-jet carb collection. Depends what #'s you have.

Brian
87vette81big

Postby chromebumpers » February 18th, 2013, 2:13 am

Brian,
These carbs were garage kept not from a junk yard. I have all the numbers written down someplace, but I'll most likely do it again. I did run the numbers to the GM master list for application and dates. Most run from 73 to one being a 1980. All are complete, exception to 1 or 2 missing a choke linkage, one has a missing auto choke cover (broken black plastic piece) and half have the inlet filter nut missing. Anything missing is nickel and dime stuff and I have the websites that sell any of these parts for less then $10. I had all these carbs checked by a local high end shop that only refurbishes carbs and distributors. All carbs were checked for warped or cracks in base plates and bodies (all good), checked for being remans (none were so that's good). They wanted to buy these at $35 each minus the missing parts which ranged from a low of $1.50 for a choke linkage to $10 for a new brass fuel inlet. I thought it only fair that they credit me for their inspection charge since that time would be on them anyway (no deal yet, but I understand these QJets are getting harder to find cheaply anymore). If nobody is interested for swappingg I will try my hand at eBay but I think for the money this is a great deal and it's less than what I have invested in them. There is a place that buys the choke pull-offs, the throttle position sensor and other parts and the price comes out near $20/carb, but you have to break everything down and send it to them, but I don't have the time or desire to do so right now. It's here on one of Paul's links.
How far are you from Naperville, Il?
Rich
chromebumpers

Postby 87vette81big » February 18th, 2013, 7:15 am

Hi Rich, I am not too far from Naperville, IL. About 1 hour driving time, maybe 65 miles.
Yes I know the Q-jets are getting hard to find.
Talk to You soon.

Brian
87vette81big

Return to The Swap Shop