Postby grumpyvette » July 24th, 2009, 11:23 am

what needs to be upgraded?
what needs to be changed?
what needs to be added?
what needs to be deleted?
what do you like?
what do you HATE?
any input might be helpful gentlemen!
Ive constantly been adding info but Ive got tons more I'm adding as time permits, so priority matching your wants and needs comes into play here?
I don,t necessarily add a new thread, I go back and add to older threads info and links at times on similar subjects so don,t assume if you read a thread its not going to contain new info the next time, and if you can add useful info please do so
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: so whats your impression of the site?

Postby rbl2 » July 24th, 2009, 10:50 pm

I think it's fine. My only complaint is I can't figure out how to get into the babes section. :x
rbl2

Postby grumpyvette » July 25th, 2009, 6:32 am

rbl2 wrote:I think it's fine. My only complaint is I can't figure out how to get into the babes section. :x

thats simple you ask for the access code in a p.m.
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Randy_W » July 26th, 2009, 4:16 pm

I like it, I wish we could get more and varied participants, I tell everyone I know about the great tech stuuf posted here. 8-)
Randy
Don't mess with old men, we didn't get that way by being stupid!
Randy_W

Postby ljfen » July 27th, 2009, 1:01 am

Same here. It's a great site but needs more visitors.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

John Adams
ljfen

Postby grumpyvette » July 27th, 2009, 8:39 am

I agree!
I'm hopeing most of you might try to tell more friends about the site and post more frequently to build traffic, and if youve got requests or ideas lets see those!
I COULD CERTAINLY USE AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP, GETTING THE READERSHIP AND POSTING , and TRAFFIC INCREASED!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Truckedup » July 28th, 2009, 6:15 am

Yeah,this site is fine and like many it reflects the style of the site manager which is ok cause you have a lot of experience on the topics here.
In attracting more members you need people who are actually working on projects so they have questions and suggestions.I'm always hacking on some sort of vehicle project,more hillbilly mechanic than many,but I have picked up a tip or two here .
Some sites have a "attitude" that will bring in people in.For example,the HAMB (Jalopy Journal) catering to old school type vehicle builds.This site has no censorship other than to stay on topic.It's sometimes crude and vulgar but no worse than what a group of guys might say while working on a car.Of course this type of attitude may not be what you want here,just an example............................
Truckedup

Postby dat260 » August 2nd, 2009, 12:06 pm

I love this site I'am on it everyday for at least 15 min, there is so much information and knowledge. Your the man! Grumpy.
I refer people here, mostly people from HybridZ.org. I too would like to have access to the babe forum, I will PM you for permission. I find the search function is not good at all. Many times I tried it and it always give me zero result. I typed 383 and I get zero result and I know grumpy you write many posts about that engine.
I'am in the processe of rebuilding my Datsun 260Z and I want to put a V8 in it. I downloaded the CompCam dyno software and I have a couple of engine combination I would like you to see and comment on it. I tride attaching a .doc file to the post but it will not let me. How do you attach a dyno page from Compcam to the post?
Beside that its an awsome site, hardcore information, no BS and links galor. Thank You Grumpy.
Cheers,
Ari O' Hayon
dat260

Postby grumpyvette » August 2nd, 2009, 12:16 pm

searches REQUIRE a 4 letter word or larger target
youll be better off searching NOT for something broad like 383, but something like a KEY to the component or function you want info on

DURATION
PORT
RUNNER
PRIMARY
RINGS
PISTONS
CAMS
PANS
PUMPS
FLOW
STROKE
CROSS SECTION
RODS
ETC
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dat260 » August 2nd, 2009, 12:57 pm

Ok, thanks. Now, how do I attach a CompCam dyno sheet or a DD2000?
dat260

Postby grumpyvette » December 21st, 2009, 8:13 pm

any reasonable suggestions to increase traffic thru or improve the site , or and obvious flaws you may want to point out will welcome gentlemen ?
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rbl2 » December 22nd, 2009, 8:00 pm

If anyone should be able to find a flaw it would be me as I am the misfit here. The sbc in my car is a 28 engine instead of a 26. It raised the hp from 37 to 41. :lol:

I think word of mouth may be your best bets in attracting more people and then it's just a matter of patience and time.
rbl2

Postby rlphvac » December 24th, 2009, 10:55 pm

great site I`m on it almost every day I tell everyone I talk to about motors cars or politics to check it out a lot of people think I`m full of shit cause its a vette site but when they stop at my shop I but something on & then they start reading it buy the way send me a pm for the babes section& keep up the good work you may not realize how much this site is used & appriciated thanks Grump
rlphvac

Postby enigma57 » December 28th, 2009, 4:55 am

:D Sorry, Grumpy! Can't think of any constructive criticism. I like the site just as it is.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
BOHICA! - How's all that 'change' workin' for ya? Image
enigma57

Postby grumpyvette » January 26th, 2010, 4:58 pm

I keep adding tech content and correcting my spelling ,and hoping we get more people posting info,pictures and questions or adding to the useful info on the site,
Im hoping traffic improves and any helpful suggestions are welcome
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby John » March 9th, 2010, 10:39 am

I'm just glad to see Harry here. :)
John

Next

Return to The Lounge