getting things corrected or improved, up-dated in threads

getting things corrected or improved, up-dated in threads

Postby grumpyvette » February 18th, 2012, 2:32 pm

to the many more faithful members of the forum this is probably not going to be any surprise but to the newer and less frequent visitors it may be!
OLDER THREADS CONSTANTLY GET NEW INFO ADDED
I see no reason at all to start a new thread anytime a previously discussed subject is being re-addressed, for minor changes or additions , so If I see related info that may be useful I frequently go back and add it , as links or corrections to older threads, and I spend hours a day searching for new info off site and posting it here,doing so!
and that may not always show up as new info, so just because youve read thru a thread several weeks ago doesn,t mean theres not a good deal more linked info or upgrades or corrections having been added since then, the object is to limit your needing to search thru dozens, or even hundreds of similar threads like on most sites, force you to do, to find the bits of info you need, youll also find I try hard to include all useful links to speed up any search, and yeah! I,m well aware you can get lost in a ton of sub links but youll also spend a great deal less total time and get more useful info in doing it that way than in random hit or miss searches like on most sites

example
if I find a new link , or related info ,to show how to tig weld an exhaust , or a fast way to clean rust ID usually place the link to the new info in a previous related thread, not start a new thread
first remember I almost never post anything as a direct response to a single stated problem or question, because I know these posts will be referred to for weeks or even years by people looking for answers to similar issues who do key word searches so NEVER assume Im either taking things personally or responding solely to a single problem, as I try hard to answer questions in a way that makes it easy for anyone reading the response to find related info that should be helpful.most of us learn things when we screw up and I,m no different I make my fair share of mistakes over the years,but I try to document and correct them and help prevent others from making those same mistakes
have you ever thought? "damn Id have done that differently if Id known...." well I sure have so I try to give you options and info to allow you to make the correct choices the first time!
perhaps this might help

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=278&p=341#p341

"Some say an expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes in a given narrow field"

who squealed? (its called GETTING EXPERIENCE!)
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
grumpyvette

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to The Lounge